Circus of Rock
Come One, Come All
Mirka Rantanen has a gigantic vision. The King Company drummer wanted to create this cumulative project that features a monster rock of talent to fit on a singular album. Circus of Rock was born and now Come One Come All is a debut worth taking note. These musicians were people who Rantanen played with throughout the years. To have them back on board is a treat.
Featured on the album is Rick Altzi (Masterplan), Marco Hietala (ex-Nightwish), Johnny Gioeli (Hardline), Elize Ryd (Amaranthe0, Pasi Rantanen (Thunderdome) and many more.
Rantanen did not want to just create a solo album, his vision was to create an experience that caters to a wide variety of metal flavors. The album moves from ring to ring with rock and roll carnal pleasures. “The Beat” is a psychotropic funhouse of rock and roll bliss. “Sheriff of Ghost Town” burns a more traditional metal fuse, showcasing precision rhythms and power chords that carry hefty momentum.
“Caught In The Middle” slows things down a little but results in one of the best rock numbers on the album. Everything about this song is iconic with an eye for West Coast ‘80s rock. Then you have “Set Me Free” and Jarkko Ahola’s glorious vocal chords. Ahola gives this song such a strong presence, and cannot help but feel his confidence.
For Rantanen, Come One Come All is a milestone in his career. For us, it’s one of the best metal mix tapes concocted with a singular purpose to bring us the best in Finnish rock.
1. The Beat (Feat. Riku Turunen)
2. Desperate Cry (Feat. Johnny Gioeli)
3. Sheriff Of Ghost Town (Feat. Marco Hietala)
4. Never (Feat. Kimmo Blom)
5. In Times Of Despair (Feat. Elize Ryd)
6. Crossroads (Feat. Pasi Rantanen)
7. Caught In The Middle (Feat. Danny Vaughn)
8. Plywood Covered Windows And Crappy Shoes (Antti Railio)
9. Edge Of Love (Feat. Rick Altzi)
10. Set Me Free (Feat. Jarkko Ahola
11. Everafter (Feat. Tommi “Tuple” Salmela)
12. No Reason (Feat Marc Quee)
13. Tears Of The Clown (Feat. Erik Kraemer)
14. Burning (Bonus Track Digital)